The purpose of this policy is to detail how our office furniture is delivered and assembled in metro areas as detailed below and all other areas of Australia.
- Types of Deliveries:
|Type of Delivery||Details|
|Pick up by customer||Paperwork and payment must be completed before pick-up is possible. Payment cannot be made at the warehouse. Items will be supplied boxed and will need assembly.Basic tools will be required to complete the assembly.|
|Flat Pack Delivery – Metro||Items will be delivered boxed and dropped off at Reception.Basic tools will be required to assemble the furniture.|
|Flat Pack Delivery – Country Areas||Items will be delivered boxed or palletized. Boxes will be dropped off at the nearest ground floor entrance. Delivery is priced for a ground floor drop off only. If boxes are palletized and no forklift is available, the driver may require assistance to unpack the pallet.Basic tools will be required to assemble the furniture.|
|Delivery and Assembly – Metro only||Items will be delivered, assembled on site, placed in position and all packaging will be removed.This option is only available to customers residing in one of our delivery areas. Our website – www.fastofficefurniture.com.au – has a Delivery Cost Calculator at the top right hand side of each page. Delivery postal codes can be entered into this calculator to determine whether you are in one of our delivery zones or not.|
- Delivery Rates:
South East Queensland (Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast & Gold Coast), Sydney and Melbourne Metro Areas. Perth Metro – POA
|Type of Delivery||Value||Delivery Area||Price|
|Pick up by customer||Any amount||Any of our warehouses in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth||FREE|
|Flat Pack (Boxed)||Any amount||Metro or CBD South East Queensland, Sydney, Melbourne Perth POA||$25|
|Delivery and Assembly||Any amount||Metro or CBD Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne Perth POA||$50|
All Other Areas (non-metro)
|Type of Delivery||Details||Price|
|Flat Pack (Boxed)||Items delivered either boxed or on a palletBoxes will be dropped off at a ground level locationIf the items are palletized and no forklift is available at the delivery point, the driver will require assistance to unpack the pallet.Items are fully insured during transitConsignments can usually be tracked online||POAWe will source the most economical freight quote|
- Delivery Time Frames;
- Please note – Orders will be processed as soon as all paperwork is finalised and payment received – unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance.
- Online orders will be processed as soon as payment has cleared
- Delivery and assembly in Metro areas will generally take place within 3 – 5 working days after paperwork is finalised and payment received, providing all items are in stock.
- All deliveries take place from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm. We do not deliver over weekends.
- We are unable to give an exact delivery time as many variables affect trucks in transit. We will request that drivers call beforehand to give some notice of their arrival, however this is not always possible and the expectation is that customers or other nominated persons are available on the delivery day to meet the driver.
- Items to be shipped interstate or to country areas, will generally leave within 24 hours of the order being processed via local couriers after payment has been received and providing all items are in stock.
- Every effort will be made to inform customers as soon as is practicable if items are not in stock
- Whilst we endeavour to minimise any delays, Fast Office Furniture has no control over delivery time-frames once the shipment has left the warehouse by third party courier.
- Delivery Terms & Conditions
- We will advise customers in good time of a delivery date by email.
- All customers to ensure there is someone available to meet the driver.
- All customers to ensure that a valid contact phone number is supplied for the driver. It is strongly recommended that a second backup phone number is also available for the driver to ensure that the delivery is not missed.
- It is an expectation that our clients will equip us with all possible information pertaining to the delivery e.g. above ground delivery; lift or service lift access; loading bays or loading dock availability; street parking; opening hours if not open 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday; site contact details if not the same person placing the order etc.
- If the delivery date is not suitable or if there will not be someone on site to meet the driver, the expectation is that the customer will contact the Fast Office Furniture head office on (07) 3821 2153 as soon after notification as possible to reschedule the delivery.
ü In the case of a flat packed delivery, the customer may give authority for the goods to be left on site in a safe place. (Customer to call the office to confirm).
ü In the case of a delivery and assembly service, the delivery date will have to be rescheduled. (Customer to call the office to confirm)
- If no-one is on site to give access to the driver and no authority has been given to leave the goods in a safe place, the order will be returned to the warehouse and the delivery will have to be rescheduled.
- A delivery which has to be rescheduled due to customers not being available on the delivery day and not informing the office in good time (at least 24 hours before delivery if possible), will incur additional fees i.e. a $25 Re-Delivery Fee and a $10 Administration Fee (Total Fee $35.00). This fee is to be paid before the delivery is rescheduled. Payment can be made either by phoning the office with credit card details or by bank transfer.
At Fast Office Furniture we pride ourselves on doing our utmost to achieve the best outcome possible for each client. Working together with our customers by keeping communication clear and concise will ensure that the delivery/assembly process is efficient and seamless.
Policy Developed: September 2011
Reviewed July 2012
Reviewed: June 2014
Reviewed: July 2014
Next Review: July 2015
Fast Office Furniture Pty Ltd