Fast Office Furniture Pty Ltd
ACN 149 408 873
WARRANTY, CREDIT & REFUND POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to clarify the terms and conditions relevant to warranty claims, credits and refunds.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
Please note that in order for us to assist you with any problems surrounding your delivery – including damages, missing items or incorrectly supplied products, you must inform us within 48 hours of receiving your order. You can do this by calling our office on 07 3821 2153, or emailing us at [email protected]
Warranty on Defects:
In case of defects in our materials or workmanship, please take note of the following:
What you can do:
Ensure you inspect your new product as soon as you receive it and call us on 07 3821 2153 immediately if you notice a problem. Warranty claims in relation to defects must be made within 48 hours of receipt of the item. Take a photo of the issue (if applicable) and email it to [email protected] We will call you to discuss the problem and find a satisfactory solution.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are going to store your items for any length of time before assembling them, you must still inspect the goods within 48 hours and advise of any issues. We cannot be held responsible for damages which may occur to items which have been stored without inspection after the 48 hour time period has passed.
What we will do:
Repair the item (or part thereof); Resupply a new item or Refund or compensate the customer All expenses associated with replacing/repairing defective items will be at Fast Office Furniture’s costs.
Items Damaged in Transit:
Whilst we do everything in our power to ensure that items supplied flat packed/boxed are delivered in perfect condition, at times accidents do occur in transit and items may arrive damaged.
What you can do:
BEFORE signing the Proof of Delivery docket, carefully check the packaging of all items delivered to ensure there is no obvious, external damage to the cartons If you notice torn or broken packaging, please make a note on the Proof of Delivery document e.g. “Packaging on one item is damaged. Will advise if contents are affected once unpacked” or something to that effect. DO NOT SIGN to say ‘RECEIVED IN GOOD ORDER’ if you can see damage to the packaging. Insurance claims will be difficult to process if no notification is made on the POD at the time of delivery.
In the event of a ‘Contactless Delivery’ where no POD is presented, please carefully inspect the packaging and goods inside. Photograph any visible damage on the packaging and/or item and email through to us at [email protected] . If possible, please call us straight away and advise of the issue.
Keep the damaged item and the damaged packaging in case we need to retrieve the item for insurance purposes. Take photos of the item AND the packaging. All costs for retrieving the item/s will be paid by Fast Office Furniture. Photograph the damaged item (and packaging if you can) and email to us at [email protected] All reports of damage in transit must be received within 48 hours of delivery. You can either call us to report damage on 07 3821 2153
What we will do:
Once we receive an official notification (within 48 hours of delivery) by phone or email of an item damaged in transit, we will organise a replacement product to be re-delivered as soon as is practicable. This will at times depend on the frequency of transport companies delivering to certain areas, but our aim will be to supply a replacement in the shortest possible time frame. All costs will be paid by Fast Office Furniture.
Customers who organise their own transport will need to refer to their freight company in case of damages during transit. We strongly suggest that customers take out freight insurance.
Items Damaged During Delivery/Assembly:
Our delivery and installation crews are experienced, knowledgeable and well trained. However, at times, accidents do occur and items may be damaged during the unloading, delivery and/or assembly process.
What you can do:
In the unlikely event of the delivery/assembly crew not noticing the damage, please talk to them if they are still on site and point out the issue. Ask them to contact our office to discuss a solution. If they have already left site when you notice the damage, please call our office immediately on 07 3821 2153 or email us at [email protected] to report the problem. If you are able to send us a photo of the damage, this will greatly speed up the process.
What we will do:
Any damaged products will be replaced as soon as is practicable. All associated costs will be paid by Fast Office Furniture.
Items Failing Under Warranty:
At Fast Office Furniture all our products are made from commercial quality materials and undergo thorough quality control processes. However, over time and due to usual wear and tear, products may no longer function efficiently or may require certain components to be replaced. All our products are covered under a warranty which lasts for a specific time frame. This time frame may vary between products, however the warranty period is clearly stated next to each item on our website and on any official quotes we may have submitted. As long as items have been used solely for the purpose for which they were intended (e.g. a chair has been used as a chair and not to stand on as a makeshift ladder etc); we will honour the warranty as specified for each product.
What you can do:
Check the warranty period for your faulty item to ensure it falls within the warranty time frame for your particular product. You can do this by checking the warranty period on our website – www.fastofficefurniture.com.au – and searching for your particular product. The warranty period will be stated in the product description. Check the date of purchase on your invoice or order to ensure the item is still under warranty. If all is in order, please have your Invoice or Order Number ready and call our office on 07 3821 2153 or email us at [email protected] to report the problem. Sending a photo of the damage (if applicable) is always very helpful and can speed up the process.
What we will do:
On receiving a phone call or email regarding a faulty item we will do the following: Check that the item is still under warranty Request some information on how the item became damaged or faulty to ensure it has not been used for a purpose other than that for which it was intended Repair the item (or part thereof) Replace the item with a new one. If the same product is no longer available, we will endeavour to replace it with a similar product. Products are subject to being changed or discontinued at any time.
Credits and Refunds
- Fast Office Furniture does not offer full credits or refunds if customers simply change their minds or make a mistake when ordering – unless a request to cancel the order is received BEFORE the item has left the warehouse and delivery has taken place. In this case, a refund will be offered (see associated costs and information below) or we will amend the order to reflect the correct item and reschedule delivery.
- If delivered items are still in their original packaging and are unused we may be able to offer an exchange for another item or a refund. A restocking fee of 20% of the cost of the returned item/s, an Administration Fee of $20 and a delivery/re-delivery fee (if relevant) will be incurred to cover costs i.e. $40.00 for a flat pack drop off or $90.00 for delivery and assembly in our metro delivery zones.
- For customers in our metro delivery zones – If the item is NOT to be replaced (i.e. the customer does not want a different size, colour etc, and does not want another product in its place) and a straight refund is required, the responsibility of returning the item to the warehouse will be at the customer’s cost. While we can in certain circumstances, accommodate the customer dropping off unwanted items at relevant warehouses to save on costs and time, please note that some items are only available from warehouses in one state eg Victoria or New South Wales, so if you live in a different state to that particular warehouse, a physical drop off will not be possible.
- If customers outside of our metro delivery zones, change their mind about an item and wish to return it (i.e. it is still in its original packaging, there is no damage to the item and it is not to be replaced under warranty), then the responsibility of returning the item to the warehouse will be at the customer’s cost.
- For all our customers, metro and rural, if the unwanted item IS to be replaced with another product from our warehouse, we will only be able to issue a credit/refund once the original product has been received, inspected and declared re-sellable by the warehouse staff. This process could take a few days depending on how busy the warehouse staff are at the time. The responsibility of returning the unwanted items to the warehouse, rests with the customer.
- Please note that some returns may have to go interstate as certain products are available from warehouses in one state only eg only in Victoria or only in New South Wales. Please call us and we will advise the location/delivery address for each item.
- We also have numerous warehouses in each state which despatch different products eg electrical items, certain reception desks or furniture ranges like the Chill Range, to name but a few. These items will need to be returned to the warehouse which despatched them. These locations could be a fair distance from the main warehouse in each state. Please call us to find out where returns will need to be dropped off.
- It is highly recommended that customers take out insurance on all freight in case items arrive back at the warehouse damaged or get lost in transit. We are unable to offer a refund on items which arrive back at the warehouse damaged.
- If items are not in their original packaging or have already been assembled, whether they have been used or not, we are unable to exchange them or offer a refund.
Fast Office Furniture reserves the right to refuse to supply customers at our discretion as stated in Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (previously known as the Trade Practices Act 1974 (TPA))
For more information on how we manage warranty claims, credits and refunds, please refer to our standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Warranty Information available on our website – www.fastofficefurniture.com.au. The Terms and Conditions of Sale are also available on the back page of each quotation. We will email through a copies of either document on request, if required. Please request copies by emailing us at [email protected]
At Fast Office Furniture, our clients can be confident that our products will maintain their quality and are able to stand the test of time. However, if a problem arises, our aim is to minimise the inconvenience and disruption to our customers by providing a fast, fair and efficient solution
Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (previously known as the Trade Practices Act 1974 (TPA))
Policy Developed: October 2011
Reviewed: October 2012
Reviewed: May 2013
Reviewed: July 2013
Reviewed: October 2013
Reviewed: September 2014
Reviewed: July 2015
Reviewed: October 2017
Reviewed: October 2018
Reviewed: March 2019
Reviewed: July 2019
Reviewed: October 2019
Reviewed: April 2021
Reviewed: April 2022
Next review: April 2023